Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mommy-Megan Indy Trip

As part of our super-fun summer, I arranged a trip to Indy for just Megan and I. We stayed at a Drury Inn, where both dinner (appetizers-like) and a yummy hot breakfast were provided. The pool was outdoors, which was kinda a silly mistake on my part, but we lucked out and it was pretty warm, and the water was super-warm, and no rain. So after some appetizers we were able to swim (I had my goggles and actually went under for once) until our hands started to wrinkle.

After swimming, we hung around the room for a bit, jumping on the beds, and reading Scooby Doo. We got hungry when it was almost 10p, and called in a takeout order to Cracker Barrel, which was next door.

The next day we went to the Childrens' Museum. Megan loved the Barbie area, and played with a little girl pretending to be a dog in the upstairs area with the carousel. She also enjoyed visiting Egypt. I was happy, because at the end of the day she agreed to visit the Planetarium show with me.

We left as the museum was closing, and ate at Bob Evans on the way home. Megan was content to listen to books on CD both legs of the trip. (Nancy Drew, and The Magician's Nephew)

No comments: