Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sick Mommy

Of course, just as I was congratulating myself that it had been "so long" since I'd gotten sick, I came down with - something. Who knows what it was; it manifested itself several different ways over the course of a week. But one thing was constant: the cough. I kept coughing from the minute I got up until I finally went to sleep.

Saturday night I was laying with Cameron while he went to sleep. He had gone to a friend's birthday party at 2:45p, so there was no nap for him that day. Almost as soon as I turned off the light, I heard his breathing change towards sleep. And then came the tickle in my throat. And once I started coughing, it was hard to stop. I had a genuine coughing fit. At first I thought I hadn't even waken him. Then he turned towards me, patted me on the back, and asked in his softest whisper "Are you okay?" Such sympathy from a 3-year-old: it was super-sweet.

No comments: