Saturday Cam was invited to a birthday party for his classmate Emma at Run, Jump & Play. I wanted him to go, but the start time was 3:15p. Right in the middle of sleep time. There were a couple other activities I wanted to try out that day too. So I went with the theory that we would go, go, go, and I wouldn't give him the opportunity to crash.
First, around 10a, we went to the Kiwanis pancake breakfast at the middle school. That went pretty well, although Cam didn't eat anything. We ran into "Biscuit" and "Gravy" at the entrance. These are two adorable doggy mascots for Bob Evans. Both kids wanted to give them hugs.
Next we headed to Mason Heights for their "carnival". It was a series of games, set up inside classrooms. The kids seemed to like it, but I got claustrophobic, and it also got old paying $1 per kid per game. So we played on the playground for a bit, then headed for some space and quiet at Barnes and Noble. Megan looked through the books, Cam played with the Thomas set. Eric met us there around 2:30p to pick up Megan.
Around 2:45p Cam and I left for the party. First we drove through Burger King because he hadn't eaten all day, and I REALLY needed a Coke. He ate 2 1/2 nuggets, which I consider a triumph. We pulled into the party right on time.
Cam had fun swinging on a tire swing with his friends Lily and Emma. He also tried out the HUGE trampoline in the middle of the play area. When I told him it was time for the inflatables, he wasn't sure what I meant. "You'll remember." I told him. When they let us into the first room, he literally shrieked with excitement. He wiggled out of my arms, and he was off. He and I went through the big slide togehter two or three times, then he played "basketball" with Lincoln. He didn't even care that I stayed out of the inflatable court.
When we got to the second room, he took off up the shark slide before I could even follow him. He came down all on his own, wow...
We left the pizza/cake room early; I think Cam was exhausted by then. We stopped at Bigg's to get Daddy some milk. By now it was almost 5p. I told Cam Daddy might be there by the time we get home. David called as we were getting close to home, and when we pulled into the driveway, Cam saw his car. "Oh, Daddy's home! Oh! We forgot to sleep!" (last week I told him Daddy would be there when he woke up from his nap)
When we got inside, Cam wouldn't leave my lap. He fell asleep, but when I tried to move him up to his room 15 minutes later he woke up and was fine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment