When it comes to God, it is my stand that every person must decide for herself. I want my children to be exposed to religion, but I don't want it to be shoved down their throat. Megan goes to a Unitarian church with her father. I haven't been there, but from the research I've done, exposing a child to the Unitarian philosophies is consistent with my intentions. ("an open-minded religion that encourages its followers to seek their own spiritual paths")
But I didn't know she would already be forming opinions on God at age 5. Apparently it is a common discussion thread in her private Kindergarten class. The children will ask one another "Do you believe in God?"
Megan is currently in the atheist camp. I secretly hope she changes her mind, but I'm happy to have a little girl who thinks for herself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment