Saturday, May 25, 2024
Easton Visit with Megan
Photo Album I went up to Easton to have a weekend with Megan. I got to the Aloft in Easton at about 2pm, and Megan got there almost exactly the same time. We were allowed to check in early, and we explored the hotel some first. We played a game in the hotel lobby (they had a few games out, plus a bar and a pool table). Our room had a King bed, and did not have any kind of door to give the shower privacy. I was curious, so I asked at the desk. The rooms with 2 Queen beds did have a door for shower privacy. There was a wall so at least the shower was not exposed to the window.
Then we went across the street and played a game of candlepin bowling at Pins Mechanical Company. Megan took the slide down a couple floors. We hung out on the large steps with pillows for a bit, waiting for the weather to cool down. I was getting hungry. We changed clothes, and headed to the PBR Cowboy Bar + Smokehouse where they have a mechanical bull (and food). It was super humid inside though, and I decided to veto it. We stopped in Kona Grill, but there was an hour wait (and it was way pricey). We ended up at Forbidden Root, a bar with food. I had a hamburger, it was pretty tasty. The fries were great. We went back to the room for a little while. When we headed back out, the line for Jenis ice cream was super long. Megan settled for a bubble tea and a bag of candy from Itsugar. I had a Cinnabon, and it was super good. We went back to the room, watched an episode of Dead Boy Detectives, and went to bed.
The next day we went to Northstar Cafe for breakfast. It was interesting - order at the counter, they bring you your food. It was fast. We also sat in the swings for a little while and enjoyed the morning weather. We also got a donut from Dragon Donuts - not impressed. After about an hour Megan realized she did not have her car keys. We rushed back to the restaurant - it was the furthest corner of Easton from us. Luckily they had found her keys. I also got to see some ducks in the fountain. When I went and sat at the edge of the fountain, they all came over because they were sure I would have food. I felt bad, but it was cool to visit with them. It was a nice Mom/daughter night.
Videos:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment