Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Van Trouble

This morning Cameron's hair was sticking up, and as I patted it down, I told him "Cam, you need a haircut." "I want to go right now!" he said. I laughed and said we would go after school. Megan wanted to come too, so the three of us headed to Cookie Cutters. They wanted to take the van because we have the seats in backwards right now, and they love that. As everyone piled out, I locked the door (manually), and we went in. Cameron was an angel, and even let the stylists use trimmers on his neck.

When we went to get back in the car, I found that the battery in the key I had was dead. And the stupid "hidden key" was gone. I had no way to unlock the car. When I called David, he said "what should I do?" And I asked "Can't you bring another key? I only saw this one in the car." No, apparently all three keys were in the car, and I just didn't see them. AAA? No, I let it expire. So David had to find a locksmith. On top of it all, I'd left my cell phone at home. Oops. So I was relying on the Cookie Cutters phone, and they were closing soon.

The kids were set on going next door to BW3's, and so we did. Although Megan has lately been in a stage where everything Cam does is "annoying", she was suddenly a model sister. We had an extremely pleasant dinner, with Megan chatting with Cam, offering to squirt his ketchup, and sharing her meal. All the sudden the stupid van didn't seem so important. Thanks, oh wonderful children of mine!

No comments: