This year we went to Indianapolis. The first day we hung out at the hotel (arrived around 4p) Cameron liked to circle our faux-fireplace over and over ... We tried out the pool but it was awfully cool. Cameron was not impressed. Megan was chilly, so we sampled the hot tub for awhile. We stopped by the local Walmart and stocked our fridge. David grabbed some chicken from the deli and we ate in our room.
Cameron was almost too big for the portable crib, but he slept okay. He woke up only once and went to sleep without too much soothing.
Monday we woke up, ate our free (hot!) breakfast... gotta love the Holiday Inn Express... and headed out to the Children's Museum. We split up almost immediately, as Megan's attention span is quite a bit longer than Cam's. David wandered around with Cam. Cell phone coverage in the museum is spotty at best and we didn't hook up again until almost closing time. Megan loved the new (to her) exhibits, and we barely covered the place by 5p. She loved dressing up as SuperGirl, and the staff practically had to pry her from the costume. (not really, she was actually very cooperative and very little whining) We also liked playing Momma/Baby Dinosaur. The only bad moment of the day (for me) was when Megan freaked out after we walked into the planetarium. She wouldn't stay to watch the "Star Wars" show.
Tuesday we headed to the Indianapolis Zoo. Frankly, none of us were impressed. We did stay together until about 1p, which I enjoyed. I was a little depressed to go on a family vacation and not see half the family almost all day Monday. Cam did seem to enjoy some of the animals, but Megan seemed downright bored. Our favorite animals were the lemurs. There was a baby and a "teenager" and they were adorable. At 1p, David took Cam out to the van where he got in a 2-hour nap lying in the back. Megan and I grabbed some lunch and spent a long time watching the walruses. They came right up to the glass and seemed to kiss you. One even started splashing us! Along with the lemurs, the definite highlight of the day.
Cam got antsy on the ride home, but Megan was content with our recent purchase: a DVD player for the car. Just outside of Indianapolis we stopped at a Cracker Barrel for a meal (lunch? dinner? linner?) The kids spent about 15 minutes trying out all the rocking chairs on the porch. Cameron is growing so fast - he could even crawl up on the "adult" chairs!
David thinks the trip was pointless for Cam, and is of the opinion that we should skip any future trips until he no longer needs a nap. I can see his point, but I'm a little sad. I actually had a good time on this vacation! (as opposed to last year, when we stayed in the indoor waterpark and I had to try to pump several times)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a fun time. The nap thing does slow you down a bit. We took the kids to Disneyland last Fall and headed back to the room every afternoon so the kids could rest. Turned out to be okay for DH since he enjoyed taking a nap everyday too. (And I used the time to go shopping or read by the pool ALL BY MYSELF!) So, we made the best of it. :-)
Post a Comment